Thursday, 9 December 2010

Puppy Homes and poor Detour

So lets start with the positives. We have some fantastic homes lined up for these (maybe) pups, it lifts so much stress and worry associated with breeding to have such wonderful people intrested in a Smoketrail puppy. My previous litter each ended up with the most fab and dedicated owners and homes, they are worked, walked and loved and I couldnt be happier with Yvette, Tracy and Kim & Dan- you guys are awesome! From the looks of things this litter should be very lucky little babies too. I ask my prospective puppy owners to fill out a questionnaire so that I can really make sure i understand what kind of home it will be and what kind of puppy will best be suited for them. Everyone takes so much time to complete them and put thought and care into what they write I cant even say how much that it is appreciated.

Hoax however is as mad as ever... she surely is showing no signs!

Onto Detour, well it was all going so well. No bad experiences with other dogs and although we still had a long way to go before he was relaxed around other dogs at agility I think he was improving. Tues nights training and we were working a speed circle using jumps and tunnels, D comes out the tunnel- as he takes off for the jump- big black dog hits him side on, biting at his shoulder and knocking him out of the air and into the jump wing. The dog called straight back and D thankfully didnt react back, I went over to D but didnt fuss. I was so annoyed at the time that even though the owner was apologising profusely I couldnt just say it was ok. Once the dog was back under control I repeated the excersise with D throwing the toy over the jump that the incident happened on. Thank god that he was fine and wasn't even worried the second attempt- so proud of him! The next day and no obvious mental or physical scars although I think his fear of dogs at agility is going to be an ongoing battle. I have also asked one of our trainers to let the other owner know that D was ok.

I am so happy with my little black and white, he is a star and a sweet dog, I cant protect him from everything but I can help him move on from bad experiences and keep him loving working with me. I appreciate each of my dogs for everything they do for me. I have recieved so much joy and pleasure from my dogs, I so hope Hoax and Boos progeny, give their owners the that much too. That is what makes me a proud breeder :)

So again, a quick thanks to my current and prospective Smoketrail owners. Not forgetting everyone out there with a Boo baby- I have met a lot of you, and you are all fantastic!

xxx


Happy D driving back with his toy :-)


1 comment:

Claire said...

and its an absolute pleasure to own a Boo Baby. Mad but I wouldn't have her any other way.