Well I think yesterday was one of the best agility days I have had with Detour so far! What a star he was.
Finally we went to twelve poles on his 2x2s, after a few failed attempts.. ok a lot of failed attempts I started to wonder if he would ever get it and if I would have to split back to two set of six (which he had been awesome with) finally he weaved the full 12! Whoo clever boy. I am not giving him hard entries while he gets his head around this, just letting him find some comfort within that big ole set of poles.
His running contacts were also looking great, I raised the plank again and think he is still striding well through the contact. The main concern I have is that he seems to have picked his criteria as two strides on the plank, when we go to a full length DW this will obviously have to change. I dont have a longer plank here at all and dont really know what to do... but for now he is fabulous.
Finally we had class last night.. he was fast! Much quicker than he has been before and really enjoyed himself, so proud of my boy. I broke down most of the sequencing we did as he hasnt done straight lines to turns yet, only turns into straight lines and I dont want him to either lose speed or turns. I hope he keeps this enthusiasm but we will have to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment