Well it's all over for another year. I've had a great time at Crufts this year and so hope I can get back there next year.
The medium teams course was a tough one. On paper it was very tricky and in reality was only slightly better. For a fast collie team it was going to be a massive challenge- and that it was, we picked up three Eliminations. It was a shame watching people going into the arena feeling negative about a course and seeing dog after dog go wrong, I wonder if the judge thought in the end that the course was inappropriate for a team relay, a wait startline would have made a massive difference.
However, Hoaxey worked well and a hesitation after the collapsible allowed me to keep control in the tricky section. She did me proud and ran clear. I am lucky to have supportive team mates and had a great groom for the day. All in all we had a very good day!
Sunday we decided to pop over to Ajaxs show and Boo isn't fit yet so I just ran Hoax. Nov Agility first and she ran ok but not quite herself and doubled up her weave entry. Went onto a jumping course that I really liked, bar a handling error on my part which she saved me from she ran well and clear. Finally P&S and she felt more like my proper Hoax, she did a really nice run in this one. She won both classes that she went clear in :)
I feel like we are starting to get it together in a partnership now and she is really trying hard to get it right. We have some way to go yet but I am looking forward to a good season!

No comments:
Post a Comment