Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Hoaxeys first show of 2009

Well, last Sunday I went over to Chippenham Small/ Med champ show with Hoaxey and Boo as company for her. I arrived at 10.30am and missed walking her first course. It was a flowing jumping course with two tight pinwheels. The ring plan said 87 in the class so I watched a few dogs then strolled off to get her. When I got back the ring was empty so I asked what was happening only to be told that the class was closing! The ring plan was wrong and there was just 20 odd in it! I got in just in time and bar a few duff handling manouvers, when I didnt get where I expected too, I got her round nicely. She was quick and really enjoyed herself. She went clear in this- good merlie and won it. I was pleased but felt bad as I think its awful when someone comes at the last second and takes the win from someone else :(

I then sat around for about six hours before my agility runs by which time I was shattered and wanted to get home to my baby boy and Hoaxey was high! She was really pushy on her startlines and then messed up the weaves which threw me for the whole course. Then went straight into the next one- she had creepy waits again and then took the first pole... I must make sure her waits are solid as it will only loose me more runs. I must take it easy and focus on waits and not be in such a rush just to get started!

Generally I was pleased with her as she was fast and confident and thats enough for me for now. Ive always said that as long as Boo and Hoax are fast and happy I don't mind if they go wrong. My reasoning is this; if they go wrong its a deficit in my training or in my handling- something that I can fix. Speed is much harder to get. So my dogs always get a crazy game of tug at the end of the run regardless of whats gone wrong.

TRAINING NIGHT

I took Hoax training on Tuesday night and Roger had put up a wicked course. I loved it and was really pleased with Hoax she did some great stuff. She has so much confidence in training and really attacks things so I hope this transfers to competition sometimes. It took Boo a few seasons to do the same so with Hoax still just two I am not in a rush :)

No comments: