Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Prestbury Park happy and sad

Prestbury Park is a lovely show, beautiful venue, well organised and pretty close to home. I was determined to handle Hoaxey properly and for once did so. She worked really well coming 2nd in pairs with Carol & Mali and winning both her individual classes 1-7 jumping and 4-7 Agility. Couldnt have asked more of her that day.

Sadly though this season, esp last few shows I have lost my groove with Boo. Admittedly on the run up to the semis with Hoax I havent done any training sessions with him bar the odd grid but it still makes me sad. I try to run him like I always have but forget things. He doesnt turn like Hoaxey and simply doesnt 'do' steering from behind which Miss H does so nicely. I used to do bizarre things on course with Boo like layering a set of weaves and seesaw so that he knew where to go, I quite simply dont see those anymore and forget that I pretty much need to front cross everything to get a good turn. Boo's greatness comes in the independant stuff he can do- when I forget that it all falls apart.

The good news is I can get him back into training now and hopefully remember and refresh in my mind and responses how Mr Boo runs, although how I am going to find time to keep running my household, raising our toddler, caring for five dogs and trying to train three for agility including one baby dog I have no idea... ideas on a postcard please or even better... lifestyle remote control so I can pause everything right now and go off and train my dogs... :)

1 comment:

Daybreak Dogs said...

If you figure out an answer to that I'd be really keen to hear it! If it's any consolation at all, you're not alone - I don't think there are many of us doing the dogs & children thing, but enough to be reassured that it can be done! :)