Well ups and downs for Sundays show.
We started off with Med 1-3 Jumping (as per video) it was a lovely course and just six weaves. I brought Hoax into the venue and she was a little worried. She was hugging my arm with her paws which is always a sign of worry. The lady booking us in asked us not to play with our dogs in the queue as it was offputting for the dog running. The reason being was that we were queing inside the ring but cordoned off from the dog running by barriers. So in front Hoax had dogs queing and behind, to the left side was people watching with their dogs and on the right was the barrier. She started to relax on the start line as I could play with her but she wasn't quite switched on. The weaves were second and she just wasnt quite with it, anyway as she carried on round the brain started to relax and enjoy but she still wasnt quite my Hoaxey and felt steady for her :(.
Next was the agility (as per course plan below), I ran late in this and it was quiet up at that end,
she set off nicely but a little slow again, at no. 6 I was planning on a FC but didnt quite get there in time so changed to hanging back, I think this gave her an odd cue and she flipped right round the wing of the jump. I carried on and pulled her round that far wing of 6 pushing her through to no. 7- messy but clear still! The whole way round the course she felt like she was seeing other lines and it wasn't her neatest or fastest run, I still didnt feel like she was herself. She however gave me nice nose targets on her contacts and tried bless her resulting in her first clear round at a 'proper' show! Bless!
We then sat around for AGES and had Grade 1-7 Ag and 1-7 Steeplechase. Agility first and she was feeling more Hoax like, we had a wide turn and she came out weave 11 but feeling quicker now! Finally the steeplechase, It was tough for a baby dog like Hoax (see plan, yes it IS the back of no 3 and the
wrong end of the tunnel at 13)! Where I set her up she was next to the timer, this put her off a little and she came round the first jump, not to worry I carried on, she did the rest nicely including a wrong end of the tunnel without blinking and felt more like the Hoax I am used to.
I hope she relaxes more and lets rip when she works as I know there is much more under the hood. I guess its my nerves as much as hers too!
Anyway- also watched the amazing Dizzy- wow! She is fantastic and I have added a vid of her here. I think she is so far in front of Hoax in terms of competing and training at the mo. Oh well- no rush really :) We also watched little Marli running who is looking extremely good aswell!
We started off with Med 1-3 Jumping (as per video) it was a lovely course and just six weaves. I brought Hoax into the venue and she was a little worried. She was hugging my arm with her paws which is always a sign of worry. The lady booking us in asked us not to play with our dogs in the queue as it was offputting for the dog running. The reason being was that we were queing inside the ring but cordoned off from the dog running by barriers. So in front Hoax had dogs queing and behind, to the left side was people watching with their dogs and on the right was the barrier. She started to relax on the start line as I could play with her but she wasn't quite switched on. The weaves were second and she just wasnt quite with it, anyway as she carried on round the brain started to relax and enjoy but she still wasnt quite my Hoaxey and felt steady for her :(.
Next was the agility (as per course plan below), I ran late in this and it was quiet up at that end,
she set off nicely but a little slow again, at no. 6 I was planning on a FC but didnt quite get there in time so changed to hanging back, I think this gave her an odd cue and she flipped right round the wing of the jump. I carried on and pulled her round that far wing of 6 pushing her through to no. 7- messy but clear still! The whole way round the course she felt like she was seeing other lines and it wasn't her neatest or fastest run, I still didnt feel like she was herself. She however gave me nice nose targets on her contacts and tried bless her resulting in her first clear round at a 'proper' show! Bless!We then sat around for AGES and had Grade 1-7 Ag and 1-7 Steeplechase. Agility first and she was feeling more Hoax like, we had a wide turn and she came out weave 11 but feeling quicker now! Finally the steeplechase, It was tough for a baby dog like Hoax (see plan, yes it IS the back of no 3 and the
wrong end of the tunnel at 13)! Where I set her up she was next to the timer, this put her off a little and she came round the first jump, not to worry I carried on, she did the rest nicely including a wrong end of the tunnel without blinking and felt more like the Hoax I am used to.I hope she relaxes more and lets rip when she works as I know there is much more under the hood. I guess its my nerves as much as hers too!
Anyway- also watched the amazing Dizzy- wow! She is fantastic and I have added a vid of her here. I think she is so far in front of Hoax in terms of competing and training at the mo. Oh well- no rush really :) We also watched little Marli running who is looking extremely good aswell!
5 comments:
Wow Gemma! So good to see Hoax in action! She was really good! These indoor shows can be so intense & off putting! She looked like she coped really well! Look forward to seeing her in 'action' over the summer!
Hi Gem, Hoax looks lovely, I bet you cant wait for the summer now :0) karen xx
she is looking good gem and don't worry it is just baby things that she is doing you looked very nervous though, uncle don said you can practice what ever you like when he is training...yuk...enjoy her and have fun she is great i love her to bits.
y xxxx
Oh Well done Gemma, She was SUPER,for first run for comp that was great plz dont knock yourselfs like Sara says they are very intense these indoor shows. just hope Codys that GOOD at his first show!
x
I think you should be pleased with her on that run - a really difficult place to start so noisy. I can see Nellie not liking that kind of set up later to start with! She has good speed - more to come but she's not sure what she's doing yet, and she was listening to you.Hx
Post a Comment