Monday, 18 February 2008

Shattered but happy

Well. What a great weekend. UK Agility was great. Boos Agility was first and I ran NFC. His contacts were lovely and solid and he really worked well. Hoax then ran her jumping, the start was jump- weaves, she hit the weaves fast and didnt wrap her body back for the third pole so we reset her weavs, she did the rest of the course very nicely with some sendons and bounces- what a good girly. Boos jumping was ok although he had a pole. Hoaxey did a really nice agility run and if I hadn't run NFC would have been clear. I was really impressed with a few bits: Her start she ran straight up the line, allowing me to cut accross slightly, I saw lots of dogs pull in early so was really pleased. Then 8/9 to seesaw. A lot of dogs headed for or went onto the AFrame. I was determined to trust Hoaxey here so from the DW I just sent her off to run the two jumps on her own so by the time she came over 9 I was already nearly at the seesaw- she didnt even blink the wrong way! Then we had jump to weaves. I wanted to let her find the entry so decided to wrap her around the far wing of 12 and let her find her own entry- she did this perfectly! The rest of the course was neat and fast- yay!


Sunday saw us training with Toni Dawkins. We had quite a big selection of standards so each excersise took a while to get through. Hoax worked her contacts nicely- well Toni didnt slag them off too much so they must have been ok! LOL Toni gave me some help on timing which was our only real issue. If I cue Hoax properly, then she reponds just fine. Toni said it is fairly typical of medium handlers. Medium dogs seem to pick their line really early so it is up to us to show them where they are going in plenty of time. Toni mentioned that Hoax works simular to her own medium collie 'Minx' so could see where I was going wrong and why. I really enjoyed it and took home lots of tips and things to practise!

No comments: